Mosquito Awareness Week June 25 – July 1, 2017
Local Fayetteville residents can receive a 2 month supply of mosquito dunks. Each dunk will cover 100 sq ft. of standing water.
If you do not have a body of water this large you can break them into smaller pieces to accommodate smaller areas such as bird baths. To receive
this at no cost to you visit the Cumberland County Public Health Department. It is located at 1235 Ramsey Street. The purpose of is stop mosquito
larvae from maturing and hatching. They normally last up to 30 days.
And remember the 5 T’s.
This is an important reminder due to the recent rain:
1. TIP: Tip over items in your yard to reduce standing water and help eliminate mosquito breeding areas. Such as sandboxes, toys, and wagons. Also, planting saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include gutters and flat roofs
2. TOSS: Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yard and these areas are ripe for mosquito breeding
3. TURN: Turn over large yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys
4. TARPS/REMOVE: If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats, or sports equipment aren’t taught, they’re holding water. Remove them or keep them pulled tight.
5. TREAT: Utilize Mosquito Squad’s Barrier Spray protection program around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment reduces the need for spraying DEET containing bug spray on your children. We can eliminate up to 90% of the mosquitos on a property
The Squad is the first and original mosquito control experts. Don’t be fooled. We have delivered more treatments than anyone in the industry. With over 200 locations and over 10 years of experience. Our residential barrier treatment will protect your family and pets for 21 days.